Friday 21 November 2008

Chapter 60

Sidney had gone out for a run and I was in the kitchen preparing breakfast when Sara came down.

“Sara, will you sit down, I would like to talk to you but you can tell me to mind my own business if you want.” I ask seriously wanting to talk to her about how she feels towards Colby.

“What’s up Gill?” She asks in a light almost chipper tone.

“Do you still love Colby?” I asked getting straight to the point.

“Truthfully Gill I don’t think I do. I thought for a while that I did and I missed having him around but I think I just missed the idea of him rather than him as a person.

“I know I was cruel last night asking you to sing that song when I knew it would have that affect on him but he walks about like nothing is wrong, I should hope that after us being together for so long he is hurting even just a little.”

“So is that all you want Sara, for Colby to show you his broken heart, for you to rip it open even more. I expected more of you Sara, if you don’t love him anymore fair enough, you had to break it off with him to make yourself happy but you don’t need to be cruel to him. He has given you everything you could have ever asked for and all you can do is throw it back in his face.

“The last thing I want Sara is for this to come between our friendship but Colby is like a brother to me and I cannot handle seeing him like this, it is not fair.” Tears start running down my face as I take a hold of Sara’s hand.

“I was going to talk to you about this today Gill, you are one of my best friends and I don’t want this to come between us either but I know your loyalties lie with Colby. I am glad he has friends like you and Sid around for him in times like this.

“I have decided not to move back to Pittsburgh with Colby, I am going to stay in Atlanta with some friends and take it from there. I guess I will have to get a job but I will figure all that out in time.

“I am going to be selfish and leave without talking to Colby. I can’t face him looking at me with those sad eyes it hurts too much. I know I am a coward, and I know it is cruel but this is the way it is.

“Goodbye Gill, I will be in touch in a few months when I get sorted and will come and visit you and the baby. Take care.”

Sara stood up and gave me a hug and left for good. How on earth am I going to tell Colby what has happened.

No comments: