Friday 21 November 2008

Chapter 61

Sidney came home and I explained about my conversation with Sara. He could not believe what she had done and that she had left me to tell Colby that she was gone.

It came to about 2pm and there was still no sign of life from Colby so I made a strong coffee and took it up to him. I entered his room to find him again lying crying in bed.

“Hey sweetie, how are you this morning?” I say trying to sound cheery as I hand him his coffee. I went round to the other side of the bed and sat beside him leaning on the headboard.

“It is ok, I heard everything she said to you in the kitchen this morning, I was about to come down when I heard you asking her to sit down so you could talk. I can’t get over how cold she was towards the whole situation.

“She should never have put you in a situation like that, expecting you to tell me that she was gone. I am sorry that she did that to you Gill.” He looked at me with tear filled eyes and again apologised for her behaviour.

“You don’t need to apologise for her Colby. I am sorry you had to hear what she said.”

It is ok Gill, I needed to hear it but now I just cant find the motivation to get out of bed, I have been lying here for hours trying to tell myself at there are other girls out there, that I am starting with the Penguins again tomorrow but right now none of that matters, even after what she said without Sara in my life nothing makes sense.”

“Why don’t we take you home and get what you need for the road trip and then bring you back here to stay for the night. I will cook your favourite meal for tea and then we can do whatever you want and you can sleep here again tonight. I don’t think you should be on your own just yet.”

“Thanks Gill, you are a God send, I don’t know what I would do without you.”

So that is what we did, we got Colbys things are brought him back to the house.

No comments: