Friday 31 October 2008

Chapter 48

When I awoke I went for a swim and a long shower before I headed down to breakfast to meet with my family.

Kirsty and Taylor arrived soon after breakfast was finished and we started getting ready straight away. The wedding was early so that Sidney and I could enjoy most of the reception before catching an 11pm flight to Scotland.

The hairdresser arrived and we decided to keep my hair simple as my dress had a lot of detail in it. She pulled back the front part of my hair keeping it out of my face and put the odd ringlet down the back leaving the rest poker straight. My hair came about mid way down my back and was still very blonde. I wore a small tiara which shone like the dress.

I put on some make up and lastly put my dress on. It was such a beautiful dress and was made especially for me so fitted me perfectly.

I decided I did not want a big bouquet of flowers so we all carried just one single light pink rose.

Soon it was time for Kirsty and Taylor to leave for the venue, the car would then come back and pick me and my father up.

I was left alone in my room so I took this opportunity to think about how much I missed him Paul. I took out a picture of him which always stayed in my purse. I knew how proud of me he would be.

I soon heard a knock at the door so I shouted come in. It was my Dad dressed in his full Scottish Kilt.

“Gill you look amazing Sidney will be blown away.

“Are you ready to become Mrs Crosby?” He asks smiling and giving me a hug.

“I most certainly am, bring it on.” I tell him with a tear in my eye.

“What’s wrong sweetheart?” He asks suddenly looking worried.

“I am alright Dad, I have just been thinking about how much I miss Paul. I never thought I would see the day that I was marrying someone else. When I married Paul I never thought for one minute he would be taken away from me less then a year later.

“I know he is proud of me and is smiling down on our day.

“Come on Dad, I can’t wait to see Sidney.” I say suddenly feeling much better.

“I am so proud of you Gill.” Dad says hugging me again.

No comments: