Friday 31 October 2008

Chapter 47

The next few training sessions went well and we continued to work with our new lines and we seemed to be back on our winning steak again.

The next few weeks raced by and soon it was time for the playoffs, we finished 7th in the league so have only just made the playoffs. The Toronto Maple Leafs won the Eastern conference with once again Detroit winning the West.

Unfortunately we got kicked out of the Stanley Cup after being beat by the Ottawa Senators, we took it to 7 games but unfortunately we could not get past the last hurdle.

Everyone was disappointed but it gave Sidney and me a chance to look forward to the wedding.

Kirsty and Taylors dresses were a silver colour not unlike my dress for Kirsty and Geno’s wedding but the material shimmered pink in the light. The bust was fitted and it flowed elegantly down to their feet. They looked gorgeous.

My dress was hard to explain, it was an ivory colour with beautiful diamond details around the bust and on the train. Sidney is hopefully going to be lost for words. I hope he wears his kilt again.

It was soon time to leave for Nova Scotia. The Malkin family joined Sidney and I and our families for a meal the night before the wedding and soon it was time for us all to go our separate ways.

“Good night gorgeous” I say to Sidney in our few moments that we get alone before our big day. “I love you and cannot wait until tomorrow when I become Mrs Crosby and we fly away together for 3 weeks.

“The past couple of years have been amazing, you made me believe in myself in a way that I have never done before and you made me see that I could love again.

“You were the perfect boyfriend once we overcame our hurdles, you were the perfect fiancĂ© and I know that you are going to be the perfect husband and hopefully one day you will also be a brilliant Dad. Sidney, you are amazing.” I say looking into his eyes feeling like we are the only 2 people in the world.

“I love you too Gill more than I can even try to explain. You are my everything and I cannot wait until I can call you my wife. You will also be a brilliant mother to our gorgeous children.

“Good night hunny, sleep well and I will see you in the morning.”

We kissed very softly letting it linger as long as possible before we both went our separate ways.

I went straight be bed when we got back to the hotel and I must have went out like a light. I had such a good nights sleep.

No comments: