Tuesday 9 December 2008

Chapter 67

We headed along to see everyone and I don’t think I have ever seen the whole team cry other than when we won the Stanley Cup. Although there was tears of happiness there were still many tears of worry – we still don’t know what is going on with Gill.

“Oh Sidney, your baby is gorgeous.” Vero exclaims as she makes her way over to me.

“Thank you Vero, I want you all to meet Paul Patrick Crosby.” I tell the room as I hand him over to Vero for a cuddle.

“How is Gill?” I hear Tyler ask quietly from the back of the room, his brown eyes glazed over with tears, his jaw clenched tightly.

“The doctors are still working on her as soon as I have news I will let you know.”

We all sat in silence for about an hour before we headed back to the other room with baby Paul.

While we were still sitting with everyone I did something I have not done in far to long, I prayed but I not only to God, I prayed also to Paul, Gills husband who I know watches down on Gill everyday and I asked him to help Gill fight, to help her get through this and if he couldn’t help if he could look after her for me.

“Sid, I will stay with the guys and give you all some space,” I hear Colby say as we left the room.

“No Colby, please come with us, please…” I was almost pleading with him, I needed him with me. He has been my best friend since the day I met him and he is my rock. I can’t face this without his support.

I placed Paul down in the little cot that the nurse had made for him. I watched him sleep, his chest rising and falling as he breathed, his little hands resting on his stomach. He was completely at peace. I hope he gets to meet his mum.

I heard a faint knock at the door and the Dr Jamieson entered…

2 comments:

Mel said...

OMg need an update now. U cant leave me hanging like tht lol.
Great Story!!
luv it

mare said...

oh man, u need u to update now, that was cray intense