Thursday 13 November 2008

Chapter 55

The next day we made our way up to Aberdeen to meet some of people that had been mutual friends of Paul and me. They are getting married this weekend so we are staying around for that before letting Sidney loose on Scotland.

We checked into our hotel then went for a walk before it was time to meet Scott and Rhona.

We met them at a local Italian restaurant and we had such a good time, it was so nice to catch up with them after such a long time.

“Do you know Gill, I think the last time I saw you was at Paul’s funeral, you looked so frail and broken, we were so worried about you. We had gotten close to you over the years you and Paul had been together and we decided that when our child was born if it was a boy he would be called Paul Thomas so that is what we have done.

“When you decided to move to America we worried even more, we had no idea how you would cope out there by yourself after having your heart broken so badly. You have done us all proud Gill, you have amazed us and you are an inspiration. Paul is still watching down on you, we know that he is proud of everything you have accomplished and will be so glad that you are happy and found someone that loves you and can make you smile the way Paul did.”

All I could do was sit quietly trying to hold back the tears, as Scott got up and hugged me the tears rolled free. As much as Sidney made me happy and I loved him more than words could explain nothing could ever fill the hole that has been in my heart since the day Paul died.

The night went well and I managed to speak to Rhona on the quiet about Sidneys birthday present, his birthday is still a little while away but the wedding will be the perfect opportunity for my plans.

No comments: