Friday 21 November 2008

Chapter 63

Soon the All Stars weekend was over and I only had a couple of weeks left until our little baby was due. I decided since I wouldn’t be at work for much longer I would go down to the office and make sure everything was sorted for me going off and update my laptop with the new software so that I could access everything from home when the wee man (that seemed to be the name we were using for the baby – sorry little baby if you are a girl) was sleeping.

Not long after leaving the house the snow started coming down heavily, the traffic was moving slowly and although the roads were busy the snow was becoming thick and out of control at very a fast rate. Soon the roads were gridlocked and I was still about 10 minutes from the arena. I had never seen chaos like this before.

I was sitting back listening to the radio waiting patiently for the traffic to move when I heard screeching breaks coming from my left, I turned to see a lorry skidding out of control and heading straight for me, I looked about but had no where to go, I was stuck. I closed my eyes tight and for the first time in my life I prayed to god that the lorry would not hit me or at the very least my baby would be ok…….!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

write more sooooon