Tuesday 21 October 2008

Chapter 44

“Mike, have you had a good afternoon?” I ask as I approach the edge of the ice.

“Gill, you have no idea, it has been brilliant. I can’t believe you arranged for me to spend the afternoon with Jerome Iginla, he is my hero.”

I could see Jerome laughing in the background.

“Well I am afraid you have to say your goodbyes for now, it is time for tea, I will see you at the end of the tunnel in a few minutes.” Sidney and I headed back out of the ice rink and left Mike to thank Jerome for his afternoon.

As we waited at the entrance of the rink for Mike I was standing leaning against the wall and Sidney was standing in front of me with his arms around my waist.

“Gill, thank you again for today it has all been a dream come true.

“Wow, Sidney Crosby, what a pleasure.” He says as he finally notices who I am with.

Sidney started laughing and said “Mike, I know you are a flames fan but would you like to join the Penguins for their pre game meal.”

“Yeah, I would love too, that would be amazing” Mike answers excitedly when suddenly his tone lowers. “Actually I am afraid I will have to say no, I have already agreed to go for tea with Gill.”

“Mike”, Sidney says laughing again. “Gill is part of our team she has her dinner with us. The plan all along has been for you to join us all.”

Once we have had tea and are fully fed and water I took Mike up to the owner’s box to meet Mario. Jerome and a few others are there already and I explained to Mike that he will be watching the game from here and I will meet him afterwards, we will give him a lift back to the hotel in the team bus.

“Gill, I know I have said thank you so many times today but it just keeps getting better and better. I am so grateful.”

Unfortunately we lost tonight but it was a very close game with the Flames scoring in overtime.

We went back to the hotel and both teams gathered into the private bar for a few drinks. I said my goodbyes to Mike and said that we would meet up again when it was time for him to move over and start his new life in Canada.

That night, although Sidney was feeling a bit low we made love a few times and discussed the wedding some more. We decided to phone his Mum in the morning to see if she could start arranging things and we agreed after training we would book our honeymoon to Scotland.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

glad to see you have picked up writing again! :) can't wait to see what happens next!

Stephanie said...

I'm so glad you're continuing to write! It looks like you have some followers now too!!

Welcome back!